Non-Linear puzzle game Death Coming is officially out of Early Access. Now Version 1.0, gamers can now play the version of Death Coming as a finished product. The game puts you in the shoes of a new lackey for Death itself. Your goal is simple: collect souls for the underworld.
Death Coming lets players dictate the demise of cute NPCs through accidents heavily inspired by the Final Destination series. Through an understanding of a level, you will be able to maximize your efficiency as the Grim Reaper’s apprentice.
The official release comes after Death Coming left Early Access as a mistake. When NEXT Studio implemented a bug fix, the title was brought out of Early Access at the same time by the studio. While they accepted their mistake, they were quick to stress that the game was still in Early Access mechanically until now. This full release also happens after Death Coming’s sponsorship of the Folsom Street Foundary’s GameVibes Thursday, an event in San Francisco dedicated to showcasing and celebrating video games.
NEXT Studio’s work isn’t done with the full release, however. The dev team will be working hard to tidy up the game post-release based on player feedback. Player reception has been positive, with over 1000 User Reviews granting Death Coming a rating of “Overwhelmingly Positive.”
Death Coming is now available on Steam for fans of wacky puzzles and cute pixel art for $6.99.
- Pixel Art Style
- Non-linear puzzle progression
- Environmental manipulation
- Morbid black comedy
- Reactive AI
- Creative kills
- Play as a reaper and find out why you became an agent of death
- Sideshow is Releasing ‘Gallevarbe: Eyes of the Queen!’ - March 13, 2018
- ‘My Friend Dahmer’ Coming to DVD and Blu-ray on April 10th - March 13, 2018
- Indican Pictures Releases Sci-fi and Horror Thriller ‘Apocalypsis’ - March 12, 2018
- Fatal Fetish Anthology Edited by Toneye Eyenot Available Now at Amazon - March 12, 2018
- ‘The Crazies’ Available on Blu-ray March 13th - March 10, 2018
- “I’m Beginning to Feel Better” in This New Clip from ‘Eat Me’ - March 9, 2018
- Are You Ready to Watch ‘The Endless?’ - March 9, 2018
- Dark Horse Serves ‘Anthony Bourdain’s Hungry Ghosts’ for Fans to Consume in September 2018 - March 8, 2018
- Scream Factory is Bringing ‘Night of the Lepus’ Back to Life! - March 8, 2018
- Details on the New ‘Splathouse ‘ Episode - March 7, 2018