Foodies and horror fanatics rejoice! Dark Horse is pleased to reveal that Anthony Bourdain’s Hungry Ghosts hardcover collection is now available for preorder!
Anthony Bourdain’s Hungry Ghosts features terrifying tales cooked up by the best-selling author and veteran chef, Anthony Bourdain (Kitchen Confidential, Emmy-Award winning TV star of Parts Unknown) and acclaimed novelist Joel Rose (Kill, Kill, Faster, Faster), back again from their New York Times #1 bestseller, Get Jiro!). This collection also contains all-new, original recipes prepared by Bourdain himself, plus a guide to the ghostly legendary spirits behind these horrifying tales.
Inspired by the Japanese Edo Period game Hyakumonogatari Kaidankai or 100 Candles, played by samurai warriors to test their courage, Anthony Bourdain’s Hungry Ghosts reimagines this classic game of dread and terror as a circle of international chefs invoke modern tales of horror, terrifying yokai, yorei, and obake, all with the common thread of food—and pray that they survive the night.
This horror anthology features art from stellar artists Sebastian Cabrol (Caliban, God is Dead), Francesco Francavilla (The Black Beetle, The Lone Ranger), Irene Koh (The Legend of Korra: Turf Wars), Leonardo Manco (Hellblazer, John Carpenter’s Asylum), Alberto Ponticelli (Unknown Soldier, Dial H), Paul Pope (BatmanYear 100, Battling Boy, Heavy Liquid), Vanesa Del Rey (Redlands, The Empty Man, Hit 1957), and Mateus Santolouco (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Two Guns), with fantastic color by Jose Villarrubia (Conan the Cimmerian, Get Jiro!, Sweet Tooth), and a drop-dead cover by Paul Pope.
Anthony Bourdain’s Hungry Ghosts goes on sale September 19, 2018, and is available for preorder on Amazon and Barnes & Noble, and at your local comic shop. This hardcover collection is 120-pages of terror and retails for $14.99.
Praise for Hungry Ghosts:
“Anthony Bourdain proves yet again he can do no wrong. A modern day King Midas, it seems like everything he gets his hands on takes off in a major way!”—Outright Geekery
“The supernatural side of Hungry Ghosts allows the creative team to flex some subtle, crafty muscles… The idea that the stories will get better and scarier with time is also a genius move for a serial book. Expect greatness.”—Doom Rocket
“Hungry Ghosts is a promising start to a series that combines two of my favorite things: folklore and food!”—Rogues Portal
- Enter the Eerie Hometown of Many Stephen King Stories in the Teaser Trailer for Hulu’s ‘Castle Rock’ Series, Premiering on July 25th - May 29, 2018
- ‘What We Do in the Shadows’ Series Officially Ordered by FX - May 29, 2018
- Scream Factory Reveals ‘Night of the Lepus’ Blu-ray Release Details & Bonus Features - May 28, 2018
- Full Release Details for Scream Factory’s Collector’s Edition Blu-ray of ‘Ninja III: The Domination’ - May 28, 2018
- AMC’s ‘Preacher’ Season 3 Promo Video Features an Eclectic Cast of Characters in Angelville - May 27, 2018
- Terror Films Unveils Twenty-Two Horror Titles on the Steam Platform! - May 27, 2018
- Enter the Creepy Confines of Hell in New Gameplay Footage from ‘Agony’ - May 26, 2018
- Dark Star Pictures Acquires North American Rights to Documentary ‘King Cohen,’ US Theatrical Release Planned for July - May 26, 2018
- ‘Goddess of Love’ on DVD June 12th - May 25, 2018
- Check out the Clip “Killer Party” from the Female Serial-Killer Thrilled ‘Monochrome!’ - May 25, 2018