Foodies and horror fanatics rejoice! Dark Horse is pleased to reveal that Anthony Bourdain’s Hungry Ghosts hardcover collection is now available for preorder!
Anthony Bourdain’s Hungry Ghosts features terrifying tales cooked up by the best-selling author and veteran chef, Anthony Bourdain (Kitchen Confidential, Emmy-Award winning TV star of Parts Unknown) and acclaimed novelist Joel Rose (Kill, Kill, Faster, Faster), back again from their New York Times #1 bestseller, Get Jiro!). This collection also contains all-new, original recipes prepared by Bourdain himself, plus a guide to the ghostly legendary spirits behind these horrifying tales.
Inspired by the Japanese Edo Period game Hyakumonogatari Kaidankai or 100 Candles, played by samurai warriors to test their courage, Anthony Bourdain’s Hungry Ghosts reimagines this classic game of dread and terror as a circle of international chefs invoke modern tales of horror, terrifying yokai, yorei, and obake, all with the common thread of food—and pray that they survive the night.
This horror anthology features art from stellar artists Sebastian Cabrol (Caliban, God is Dead), Francesco Francavilla (The Black Beetle, The Lone Ranger), Irene Koh (The Legend of Korra: Turf Wars), Leonardo Manco (Hellblazer, John Carpenter’s Asylum), Alberto Ponticelli (Unknown Soldier, Dial H), Paul Pope (BatmanYear 100, Battling Boy, Heavy Liquid), Vanesa Del Rey (Redlands, The Empty Man, Hit 1957), and Mateus Santolouco (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Two Guns), with fantastic color by Jose Villarrubia (Conan the Cimmerian, Get Jiro!, Sweet Tooth), and a drop-dead cover by Paul Pope.
Anthony Bourdain’s Hungry Ghosts goes on sale September 19, 2018, and is available for preorder on Amazon and Barnes & Noble, and at your local comic shop. This hardcover collection is 120-pages of terror and retails for $14.99.
Praise for Hungry Ghosts:
“Anthony Bourdain proves yet again he can do no wrong. A modern day King Midas, it seems like everything he gets his hands on takes off in a major way!”—Outright Geekery
“The supernatural side of Hungry Ghosts allows the creative team to flex some subtle, crafty muscles… The idea that the stories will get better and scarier with time is also a genius move for a serial book. Expect greatness.”—Doom Rocket
“Hungry Ghosts is a promising start to a series that combines two of my favorite things: folklore and food!”—Rogues Portal
- John Carpenter’s ‘The Thing’ Limited Edition Steelbook Blu-ray Set Announced by Scream Factory - August 9, 2018
- Immerse Yourself in the Occult with Three Blu-ray Clips from ‘Pyewacket’ - August 8, 2018
- Girls and Corpses Films Presents ‘Cynthia’ - August 8, 2018
- ‘Lake Placid: Legacy’ Splashes onto DVD and Digital on September 4th - August 7, 2018
- ‘Trick ’r Treat’ “Frightville Novelties” Halloween Decorations Coming This September from Fright Rags - August 7, 2018
- ‘The Nursery’ Coming to DVD on August 7 - August 6, 2018
- Photos of Prime 1 Studio’s New “Batman Who Laughs” Statue, Coming in 2020 from Sideshow Collectibles - August 6, 2018
- ‘It Lives Inside!’ Jeff Hall Unleashes a Book of Evil this August! - August 5, 2018
- Watch the New Trailer for ‘Slender Man’ - August 5, 2018
- Watch the Teaser Trailer for Demonic Possession Movie ‘LUZ,’ Shot on 16mm - August 4, 2018