Graphic Novel Adaptation of the George A. Romero Film
Written by Stephen King
Cover art by Jack Kamen; Interior Art by Bernie Wrightson, with Michele Wrightson
Reviewed by William Grabowski
Heh-heh-heh . . . here it is, kids! Out of print since 1982, Creepshow has been republished, retaining all the original art—with the exception of an updated King photo on the back cover.
Needless to say, the stories herein, “Father’s Day,” “The Lonesome Death of Jordy Verrill” (King’s original 1976 short story “Weeds” is available in Dark Screams: Volume One, reviewed here in November 2014), “The Crate,” “Something To Tide You Over,” and “They’re Creeping Up On You” are as blackly humorous, gloriously gory, and vividly illustrated as they were 35 years ago. The pages give off a wonderful inky aroma, so make a point to go for print and immerse yourself in the complete sensory experience.
I just realized I’m writing this on Father’s Day! Where’s . . . myyy . . . caaake, Bedelia!
- Sideshow is Releasing ‘Gallevarbe: Eyes of the Queen!’ - March 13, 2018
- ‘My Friend Dahmer’ Coming to DVD and Blu-ray on April 10th - March 13, 2018
- Indican Pictures Releases Sci-fi and Horror Thriller ‘Apocalypsis’ - March 12, 2018
- Fatal Fetish Anthology Edited by Toneye Eyenot Available Now at Amazon - March 12, 2018
- ‘The Crazies’ Available on Blu-ray March 13th - March 10, 2018
- “I’m Beginning to Feel Better” in This New Clip from ‘Eat Me’ - March 9, 2018
- Are You Ready to Watch ‘The Endless?’ - March 9, 2018
- Dark Horse Serves ‘Anthony Bourdain’s Hungry Ghosts’ for Fans to Consume in September 2018 - March 8, 2018
- Scream Factory is Bringing ‘Night of the Lepus’ Back to Life! - March 8, 2018
- Details on the New ‘Splathouse ‘ Episode - March 7, 2018