Graphic Novel Adaptation of the George A. Romero Film
Written by Stephen King
Cover art by Jack Kamen; Interior Art by Bernie Wrightson, with Michele Wrightson
Reviewed by William Grabowski
Heh-heh-heh . . . here it is, kids! Out of print since 1982, Creepshow has been republished, retaining all the original art—with the exception of an updated King photo on the back cover.
Needless to say, the stories herein, “Father’s Day,” “The Lonesome Death of Jordy Verrill” (King’s original 1976 short story “Weeds” is available in Dark Screams: Volume One, reviewed here in November 2014), “The Crate,” “Something To Tide You Over,” and “They’re Creeping Up On You” are as blackly humorous, gloriously gory, and vividly illustrated as they were 35 years ago. The pages give off a wonderful inky aroma, so make a point to go for print and immerse yourself in the complete sensory experience.
I just realized I’m writing this on Father’s Day! Where’s . . . myyy . . . caaake, Bedelia!
- A New Trailer Is Out For ‘Insidious: The Last Key!’ - December 17, 2017
- N.K. Jemisin and Christopher Brown, Wednesday, December 20th at the KGB Bar - December 17, 2017
- Mezco Introduces The Living Dead Dolls Resurrection Series! - December 16, 2017
- ‘Witchblade’ Issue #1 Re-Release and #2 Release Details! - December 16, 2017
- Scream Factory Just Wants to Say ‘I Remember You’ This March! - December 15, 2017
- You Can Take ‘Jigsaw’ Home in January! - December 15, 2017
- Special Return Engagement of Jordan Peele’s ‘Get Out’ Begins Friday - December 14, 2017
- Vault Comics Announces Title Change to ‘Cult Classic Series!’ - December 14, 2017
- The Third Trailer is Out for ‘Bright’ - December 13, 2017
- Enjoy Some ‘SNL’-Inspired Gift Wrapping! - December 13, 2017