THE CHILD REMAINS, a supernatural thriller about an expectant couple who spend a weekend at a haunted country inn that was once a macabre maternity home, has been selected to screen this month in international competition at Fantasporto ‘18 in Portugal, one of the most important genre events in Europe, and named one of the ‘25 Leading Film Festivals in The World’ by Variety.
The film will also screen this month at the Famous Monsters of Filmland Silver Scream Film Festival in California on Feb 16, as well as the Philip K. Dick Science Fiction Film Festival in New York City on Feb 24.
Winner of 7 Best Feature awards at horror fests around the globe, including Best International Film at the Spooky Empire Horror Film Festival in Orlando, THE CHILD REMAINS is unveiling this month its final cut which features new scares and is trimmed for theatrical release.
Written, directed and co-produced by Halifax-based Michael Melski (Charlie Zone), THE CHILD REMAINS is inspired by the true tale of the ‘Butterbox Babies’ and their horrific chapter in Canadian folklore. The film had its US premiere at Fear Fete in Mississippi last October where it was an awards nominee, and its European premiere in international competition at the Ravenna Nightmare Film Festival in Italy.
With 15 awards from 23 nominations at 20 official selections since its world premiere at the Shanghai International Film Festival,THE CHILD REMAINS also stars acclaimed Canadian film-television star Allan Hawco (Frontier), Shelley Thompson (Labyrinth) as well as Geza Kovacs (Scanners).
Melski describes THE CHILD REMAINS as “The Shining meets Rosemary’s Baby in The Orphanage,” and is excited for the upcoming screenings. “Especially Fantasporto, where we screen on Feb 26. We’ve been hoping to get into this festival since post-production.” Fantasporto ’18 runs Feb 20-March 4 in Oporto, Portugal.
Produced by Craig Cameron (The Corridor) with Executive Producers David Miller of A71 Productions (He Never Died) and Marc Savoie, the film was made with assistance from Nova Scotia’s Production Incentive Fund, and Telefilm Canada.
THE CHILD REMAINS is aiming for theatrical release later this year.
- Enter the Eerie Hometown of Many Stephen King Stories in the Teaser Trailer for Hulu’s ‘Castle Rock’ Series, Premiering on July 25th - May 29, 2018
- ‘What We Do in the Shadows’ Series Officially Ordered by FX - May 29, 2018
- Scream Factory Reveals ‘Night of the Lepus’ Blu-ray Release Details & Bonus Features - May 28, 2018
- Full Release Details for Scream Factory’s Collector’s Edition Blu-ray of ‘Ninja III: The Domination’ - May 28, 2018
- AMC’s ‘Preacher’ Season 3 Promo Video Features an Eclectic Cast of Characters in Angelville - May 27, 2018
- Terror Films Unveils Twenty-Two Horror Titles on the Steam Platform! - May 27, 2018
- Enter the Creepy Confines of Hell in New Gameplay Footage from ‘Agony’ - May 26, 2018
- Dark Star Pictures Acquires North American Rights to Documentary ‘King Cohen,’ US Theatrical Release Planned for July - May 26, 2018
- ‘Goddess of Love’ on DVD June 12th - May 25, 2018
- Check out the Clip “Killer Party” from the Female Serial-Killer Thrilled ‘Monochrome!’ - May 25, 2018