Winner of the Fall 2018 Black River Chapbook Competition
This house has seen things it won’t let you forget.
When a new family moves in to the house at 25 Trumbulls Road, the narrator’s vivid dreams of a teary-eyed, raw-smelling woman who lives beneath the floor turn chillingly real. Five years later, the house’s new set of inhabitants are visited by the spectral presence of the little girl they lost. In these five tales linked by a single haunted house, the characters move through a world suspended between nightmare and loss, where the unexplainable and disquieting are fueled by ordinary grief and longing. Christopher Locke explores the ways in which our unspoken fears and everyday regrets sustain the darker heart of a home-its doorways and windows, its basements and lights-until it fills those corners of our lives with something close to terror. His stories ask: how does a home feed on this energy, growing stronger with each new, sinister end? As compulsively readable as it is unsettling, 25 Trumbulls Road takes us to the places we’re afraid to go, then leaves us at a destination where we are our most human.
Available from Black Lawrence Press.
- New Release: MANY RESTLESS CONCERNS - March 31, 2020
- Update: StokerCon UK and the Bram Stoker Awards® - March 30, 2020
- Short Horror Film: KOOKIE - March 27, 2020
- Movie Trailer: THE OTHER LAMB - March 24, 2020
- Press Release: SLAY: Stories of the Vampire Noire - March 17, 2020
- Movie Releases Delayed by COVID-19 - March 14, 2020
- Movie Trailer: BENEATH US - March 10, 2020
- Movie Trailer: THE LODGE - March 9, 2020
- THE NIGHT THEY KNOCKED: Trailer - March 8, 2020
- Women in Horror: “The Baron of Bourbon Street” at the Wicked Library - February 29, 2020