Austin audiences will find themselves awash with black magic just in time for the start of fall, when acclaimed Austin horror filmmaker Francois Larosa kicks off the highly anticipated theatrical run of his latest film, AGHORA: The Deadliest Black Magic, next week.
Presented by Mike Entertainments and produced by Vega American Productions, AGHORA: The Deadliest Black Magic is guaranteed to chill Austin audiences to the bone with pure terror during its citywide theatrical run at three Alamo Drafthouse locations: Mueller, South Lamar, and Lakeline.
AGHORA will take audiences on a dark journey deep inside the psyche of Jenny as she unravels within her deepest frights and fears.
A clash of black magic and high-tech science directed at her from two fronts sends Jenny into a downward spiral of psychic pain, physical torture, and spiritual torment as she finds herself the terrifying subject of both an obsessed stalker and vindictive co-workers on a mission to destroy her.
With so many well-known horror films shot throughout the Texas capital, Austin has gone on to comprise itself of one of the country’s largest and most devoted horror film-loving communities.
Aghora recently premiered to a sold-out audience at the Alamo Drafthouse on South Lamar earlier this month, and Larosa and the film’s producers decided to bring it to many more Austinites with nine different screenings throughout the month of September.
Nine screenings of Aghora are scheduled to be available to the public at the Alamo Drafthouse Mueller, Lakeline, and South Lamar, beginning Friday, September 28 through Sunday, September 30. Tickets are now available through EventBrite.
The film features a stellar cast, which includes Alexis Juliana, Danny Trevino, Mario Zamora, Stephen Latham, Tj Condit, Sunday Flint, and Scott Fulmer.
Additionally, a raffle will soon be announced for a winner’s package, which includes two tickets to any of the film’s upcoming September screenings (subject to availability), along with one free night in a private King Suite (Sunday-Thursday nights, holidays and blackout days excluded; expires February 28, 2018), presented by sponsor Native Hostels Austin. Details to follow.
- Black Magic and Sci-Fi Come to Alamo Drafthouses in Austin with Theatrical Run Next Weekend - September 20, 2018
- Restored ‘Night of the Living Dead’ Comes to Movie Theaters in October - September 19, 2018
- Amuse USA and Z2 Comics Announce the ‘Apocrypha: The Legend of Babymetal’ Limited Deluxe Edition - September 19, 2018
- General Mills Monsters Pop! PEZ Dispensers Are Coming This Fall from Funko! - September 18, 2018
- Theatrical Release of ‘e-Demon’ Extends to Other Cities! - September 18, 2018
- Horror Take on ‘The Little Mermaid’ to Premiere Through On Demand this Fall - September 17, 2018
- ‘Warhammer 40,000: Deathwatch’ – Graphic Novel in Stores December 2018! - September 17, 2018
- Trailer and Poster for ‘Strange Nature,’ New Horror/Thriller Starring John Hennigan and Stephen Tobolowsky, in Theaters this Fall - September 15, 2018
- First Three Films Revealed for Shriekfest 2018, Including ‘Sick for Toys’ and ‘Never Hike Alone’ - September 15, 2018
- Photos of Iron Studios’ IT (2017) Pennywise Deluxe Statue, Coming in 2019 from Sideshow Collectibles - September 14, 2018