Uncork’d Entertainment has acquired the U.S and Canadian rights to award-winning survival thriller The Lighthouse, with plans for a theatrical release this summer. The deal was made this week at the Berlin European Film between Keith Leopard, President of Uncork’d Entertainment, and Michael Fister, President of Angel Grace Worldwide.
The Lighthouse, directed by Chris Crow and starring Michael Jibson and Mark Lewis Jones, was nominated for five BAFTA awards, including Best Director and Best Actor and won Best Visual Effects.
The film tells of two men trapped in an isolated lighthouse, surrounded by the deadly Irish sea, with both their minds ultimately pushed to the limits.
“Uncork’d is excited to bring this truly magnificent film to North American audiences,” said Keith Leopard, President of Uncork’d Entertainment. “This is a film that has it all – great performances, terrific direction, a unique and thrilling storyline, and some cool visual effects. I enjoyed it immensely and I’m sure others will as well.”
Angel Grace Worldwide president Michael Fister is confident the company’s first release with Uncork’d will be a successful one.
“Angel Grace Worldwide is thrilled to have Uncork’d Entertainment releasing The Lighthouse theatrically and digitally in North America. With all the great things we have heard about Keith Leopard and Uncork’d, we are proud to have this be our first release together.”
Uncork’d Entertainment’s upcoming releases include The Lullaby, released theatrically in March, Lou Simon’s 3, and My Pet Dinosaur from Matt Drummond.
- BAFTA Winner ‘The Lighthouse’ Acquired by Uncork’d; Theatrical Release Summer 2018 - February 26, 2018
- First Look Trailer for ‘Don’t Look’ – Slasher Horror for a New Generation! - February 26, 2018
- Things Are Getting Creepy in the Trailer for ‘Pyewacket’ - February 25, 2018
- ‘City of the Dead’ (1960) Available on DVD and Blu-ray March 13th - February 25, 2018
- The Latest ‘Ash Vs. Evil Dead’ Trailer Takes Us Back to the 70s! - February 24, 2018
- Zag Toys, in Partnership with Tinybuild & Evolution Announce the Wide Release of Their ‘Hello Neighbor’ Product Line - February 24, 2018
- ‘Attack of the Mushroom People’ Now Available on Amazon Prime - February 23, 2018
- Explore a Lovecraftian Universe – ‘The Padre’ is Now Live on Steam in Early Access - February 23, 2018
- Joss Whedon and Christos Gage Bring a Reckoning for ‘Buffy the Vampire Slayer’ - February 22, 2018
- ‘What Keeps You Alive’ Debuts at SXSW March 10th - February 22, 2018