There’s no band in the world like BABYMETAL, whose hit songs like “Distortion,” “KARATE,” and “Gimme Chocolate!!,” have captured the imaginations of fans around the globe. This fall, BABYMETAL will venture into the publishing world with the original graphic novel APOCRYPHA: THE LEGEND OF BABYMETAL, which explores the unknown mythology of the band. In advance of New York Comic Con, Amuse Group USA – a subsidiary of BABYMETAL’s powerhouse management company Amuse, Inc. – and Z2 Comics are announcing a Deluxe Edition of the eagerly anticipated graphic novel, which will be released in a collectible 10×16 Clamshell Box, include 3 original prints, and will be signed and sketched by illustrator GMB Chomichuk. APOCRYPHA: THE LEGEND OF BABYMETAL Deluxe Edition is limited to 500 copies and will retail for $199.99, with shipping available worldwide, and will be available exclusively at https://www.z2comics.com.
In the story, a mission from the Fox God– an entity frequently highlighted in BABYMETAL’s music and performances – takes three reincarnating protagonists on a time-traveling journey from prehistoric Kyoto to modern day New York City. Now available for preorder online via Amazon, ASMART, Barnes & Noble, and Books-A-Million, the standard edition of the book will be in comic book stores and bookstores on October 30, 2018 and retail for $24.99.
Until now, the publication of APOCRYPHA: THE LEGEND OF BABYMETAL has largely been shrouded in secrecy, but that will begin to change at New York Comic Con. On Thursday, October 4th, GMB Chomichuk will appear at an APOCRYPHA: THE LEGEND OF BABYMETAL panel, where he will detail the development and creation of the graphic novel. The panel will be held at the Main Stage of Anime Fest at NYCC from 5:15 PM – 6:15 PM. Z2 Comics will also be selling three limited-edition APOCRYPHA: THE LEGEND OF BABYMETAL posters at Anime Fest Booth # 5319 and NYCC Booth # 1255.
ABOUT BABYMETAL: Formed in 2010 in Japan, BABYMETAL is a metal dance unit. Their combination of powerful metal sound and dance performances propelled their first studio album BABYMETAL onto the US Billboard charts. With their second album METAL RESISTANCE, they became the highest-charting Japanese band ever on UK’s Official Albums Chart, landing at number fifteen on the charts, and reaching the 39th spot on its debut on the U.S. Billboard, becoming the first album by a Japanese artist to break into the chart’s top 40 in more than 50 years.
BABYMETAL has performed with some of the most influential musicians in the world, having supported Lady Gaga on her ArtRave: The Artpop Ball Tour, opened for both the Red Hot Chili Peppers and Guns ‘N Roses, and performed as special guest for Metallica. They performed at the prestigious Wembley Arena in the UK, becoming the first Japanese artist to ever headline at the venue.
In summer 2017, BABYMETAL held a domestic tour 5 FOX FESTIVALS in JAPAN and BIG FOX FESTIVAL in JAPAN. In December 2017, BABYMETAL held a very special two-day concert in Hiroshima, SU-METAL’s hometown, to celebrate her “coming of age” at the Hiroshima Green Arena. In the same year, BABYMETAL was crowned “MTV EMA’s BEST JAPAN ACT” in which the group became the ultimate winner out of 32 countries and also became first Japanese act to be given such an award.
ABOUT APOCRYPHA: THE LEGEND OF BABYMETAL:
Discover the myth of the worldwide music sensation BABYMETAL. Tasked with defeating the forces of darkness and division, the metal spirits must travel through a variety of eras of time, assuming different forms and identities. What we are seeing is not the BABYMETAL of the present. It’s the original story based on BABYMETAL you’ve never heard before. The long-hidden metal spirit’s apocrypha of the METAL RESISTANCE will emerge.
- Amuse USA and Z2 Comics Announce the ‘Apocrypha: The Legend of Babymetal’ Limited Deluxe Edition - September 19, 2018
- General Mills Monsters Pop! PEZ Dispensers Are Coming This Fall from Funko! - September 18, 2018
- Theatrical Release of ‘e-Demon’ Extends to Other Cities! - September 18, 2018
- Horror Take on ‘The Little Mermaid’ to Premiere Through On Demand this Fall - September 17, 2018
- ‘Warhammer 40,000: Deathwatch’ – Graphic Novel in Stores December 2018! - September 17, 2018
- Trailer and Poster for ‘Strange Nature,’ New Horror/Thriller Starring John Hennigan and Stephen Tobolowsky, in Theaters this Fall - September 15, 2018
- First Three Films Revealed for Shriekfest 2018, Including ‘Sick for Toys’ and ‘Never Hike Alone’ - September 15, 2018
- Photos of Iron Studios’ IT (2017) Pennywise Deluxe Statue, Coming in 2019 from Sideshow Collectibles - September 14, 2018
- John Carpenter’s HALLOWEEN Returning to Theaters in Celebration of Its 40th Anniversary - September 14, 2018
- ‘Monsterella’ Returns in an All-New Summer Special… Just in Time for Halloween! - September 13, 2018