THE BUSHWICK FILM FESTIVAL
ANNOUNCES MONTHLY SHORT FILM SCREENING SERIES
AT GUADALUPE INN RESTAURANT IN BUSHWICK
STARTING TONIGHT, MAY 16, 2017
Audiences now have the opportunity to look back at the festival’s extensive archives before its
much-anticipated 10 year anniversary, which takes place from October 12-15 this year
The Bushwick Film Festival is gearing up for its tenth anniversary and has partnered with Guadalupe Inn in Bushwick to host a monthly short film screening series. This series will feature a collection of the best short films from the festival’s archives, alongside some of the best Mexican cuisine that Bushwick has to offer. BFF is excited to give audiences a chance to look back on many of the incredible shorts that the festival has screened over the past nine years, as well as an opportunity to meet the amazing filmmakers who created them. A filmmaker Q&A session will follow each screening.
The series screening tonight, May 16, is tilted “Her Point of View” and features a collection of short films directed by fierce female filmmakers. Future screenings will be taking place on June 13, July 11, August 8, and September 12.
In addition to monthly movie nights, the Bushwick Film Festival will be celebrating the big event from October 12-15, 2017: its milestone 10 Year Anniversary, marking a decade of bringing independent stories to audiences from all walks of life. The festival will offer four days of screenings, panels, workshops, parties, and networking opportunities. To date, the festival has showcased the work of over 300 filmmakers, most of them Brooklyn- and New York-based, as well as international films from 30 countries across the globe. Submissions are currently still being accepted, with a deadline of June 15 for regular submissions, and late entry submissions accepted until July 15.
To review videos from the 2016 festival, please see the links below.
● Bushwick Film Festival 2016 Official Trailer: https://youtu.be/y03uXpYqRTw
● Best of 2016 Video: https://youtu.be/zzDFSKqYgTo
● 2016 Award Winners: http://bushwickfilmfestival.com/2016-festival-winners/
For all screening info and submissions please visit http://www.bushwickfilmfestival.com/
About The Bushwick Film Festival:
Now in its tenth year, the Bushwick Film Festival has become an industry staple for new talent and a premiere voice for independent cinema in Brooklyn. BFF has showcased local and international filmmakers from more than 30 countries, and we continue to provide a platform for stories from diverse groups of people, especially women, people of color, and the LGBT community. Located in Bushwick, the bustling center of Brooklyn’s artistic and cultural community, the festival offers four days full of screenings, panels, workshops, parties and networking opportunities. We encourage our filmmakers, industry professionals, and audiences to engage, share, and collaborate in an eclectic and open-minded atmosphere; to form new alliances, expand horizons, and share our common passion for independent film. After a decade full of fantastic screenings, people, and moments, we are as driven as ever to continue our quest to share amazing stories with an ever-growing audience, and we hope you will join us!
About Guadalupe Inn Brooklyn:
Named after the bohemian Guadalupe Inn neighborhood in Mexico City, the 80-seat restaurant evokes the warm and vibrant feelings of a 1940s era supper club. Upon entering, guests are greeted by a 16-seat bar with a copper inlay, floral wallpaper, and custom brass lighting fixtures. The restaurant features cactus-green banquettes, a large bar and floors of dark oak wood, and maple wood tables. Guadalupe Inn is sound-engineered for superior acoustics and hosts live musical performances on the main dining room stage, ranging from mariachi bands to Brooklyn’s most talented singers and bands.
- In January You Might Take a Visit to the ‘Opera!’ - November 19, 2017
- This December Prepare for ‘Leatherface!’ - November 19, 2017
- Dark Horse, Santa Monica Studio, and Sony Interactive Entertainment Join Forces - November 18, 2017
- ‘The Exorcist: Legion VR’ Comes to Oculus Rift and HTC Vive on November 22nd - November 18, 2017
- The Popcorn Frights Film Festival 2018 Wants Your Film Submissions! - November 17, 2017
- Get Ready for Some ‘Mayhem’ this December! - November 17, 2017
- You’ll Get a ‘Friend Request’ This December and January! - November 16, 2017
- Hello, Clarice – ‘The Silence of the Lambs’ is Getting a Criterion Collection Release! - November 16, 2017
- Outstanding Fantasy Short Film ‘The Black Cat’ is Now Available on Youtube! - November 15, 2017
- Dark Horse Comics Previews ‘Rasputin: The Voice of the Dragon’ - November 15, 2017